- Co-Located Events
- Hotel & Travel
- About Us
Do you know an exceptional leader or award-worthy team of power experts?
NEW for 2020! ELECTRIC POWER is honoring innovative leaders in power generation. We are seeking individuals and teams who, through their own ingenuity and dedication to excellence, have created a program or been an exceptional leader worthy of recognition by their peers. This exclusive awards program is open to all power generation professionals, residing anywhere in the world. Nominate yourself, a colleague, or a team to receive a 2020 POWER Award.
Winners will be recognized at a ceremony during the ELECTRIC POWER Conference and Exhibition, April 14–17, 2020, in Denver, Colorado. Don’t miss this opportunity to honor your company’s top performers!
This year’s award nomination categories:
Operations & Maintenance
Award-winning operations and maintenance (O&M) persons are those who have made a significant impact on O&M by the following criteria:
- Made O&M processes more efficient by saving money and/or time.
- Created a safer work environment, implemented new or innovative changes that make O&M procedures easier to carry out.
- Implemented changes that better connect O&M operations to the full enterprise, such as with purchasing through, for example predictive maintenance.
O&M nomination categories:
- Environmental, Health, and Safety Manager/Team
- Maintenance Supervisor
- Operations Supervisor
Innovative staff members demonstrate excellent creativity and unique problem-solving skills. When challenges arise, they confront difficulties head-on with a knack for applying unconventional thinking. While Innovation Award winners could have many noteworthy attributes, some examples include the following:
- Actively pursues advanced knowledge and applies this new understanding to solve complex problems.
- Unwillingness to settle for subpar results.
- Strives to exceed expectations in all areas.
- Collaborates with others by asking thoughtful questions and contributing original ideas.
- Accepts input with an open mind and non-judgmental attitude.
- Perceives opportunities where others see setbacks.
- Implements change in positive and creative ways.
- Demonstrates persistence leading to successful project completion.
- Perseveres through obstacles using outcome-based thinking.
Innovation nomination categories:
- Clean Energy Promoter
- Sustainability Advocate
- Digitalization/Technology Adoption Leader
- Emerging Technology Developer
- Distributed Generation Program Sponsor
Training is an integral part of the power industry, whether it be safety, maintenance or learning new rules; all trainers must keep up with an ever-changing environment. We would like to recognize those individuals or teams that go above and beyond in unique ways to keep their departments up to the task at hand.
- One who ensures that learning is integrated with work, and uses the knowledge gained to improve business results may approach their work in the following ways
- Converts information, business data and processes into opportunity;
- Views mistakes as stepping stones essential to further growth;
- Promotes transfer of knowledge and influence from person to person;
- Recognizes and responds to differing learning preferences and cultivates other’s abilities and talents;
- Models an open attitude toward self-evaluation;
- Promotes self-direction and empowers colleagues to make decisions;
- Celebrates the learning process for its own sake;
- Works under the assumption that everything is subject to re-examination and acts on opportunities to implement positive change.
Training nomination categories:
- Training Program Team
- Safety Program Team
Leaders create an environment that guides and inspires others to maximize their performance. Criteria for top leaders include the following:
- Encourages professional and personal development.
- Creates an environment that is conducive to teamwork.
- Inspires and empowers individuals to take initiative.
Top Leader nomination categories:
- Plant Manager
- Procurement Specialist
- Project Manager
- Storekeeper/Warehouse Manager
- Creative Problem-Solver
- Young Professional in POWER (35 years of age or less)
- Woman in POWER
Winners will be given the opportunity during the conference to share highlights of their most-notable accomplishments.
Nominate a POWER Award winner by February 14th!
Award recipients will be announced at a ceremony during the ELECTRIC POWER Conference and Exhibition, which will be held April 14–17, 2020, in Denver, Colorado.
Deadlines and Timeline:
Nominations are due February 14, 2020.
Finalists will be notified by March 30, 2020.
Winners will be announced and honored at the ELECTRIC POWER Conference April 14–17, 2020.
There is no cost to enter.
Please direct questions about the POWER Awards to:
For information on sponsoring the POWER Awards, contact:
Emphasize the candidate’s or team’s achievements in your nomination. Provide as many concrete and specific examples of success as possible, and explain clearly and succinctly the accomplishments of the person or team of people you are nominating. Include any quantitative data that is available to justify the candidate’s merit for the award.
Professionals at organizations worldwide are eligible to enter and self-nominations are accepted.